Full-Time or Part-Time Position
October 1st 2018
American Language Academy (ALA) is a well-established private language school located in the heart of Madrid. Its reputation for excellence spans more than four decades.
ALA provides teachers with an extensive Teacher Development Program. Many teachers who passed through this development program, and have taught at ALA for several years, have gone on to work for prestigious Spanish universities or hold high positions in the education sector in Spain.
For more info about ALA, visit: www.americanlanguage.es
Most of our students are adult professionals. Class sizes are small and all materials are provided to the teacher. There is a huge teacher resource library including a wide array of photocopiable materials and an online learning platform, video and audio resources as well as internet access for teachers to use. The Direction of Studies offers extensive teacher support.
- TEFL/TESOL/CELTA (if not, we offer an intensive TEFL course)
- 1 year teaching experience (new teacher positions will be equally considered for entry positions)
- Bachelor's Degree (or currently enrolled in a university)
1200 – 1350 € (Average full-time 26.5 hours/week). Plus additional incentives.
- Free Spanish classes for teachers.
- Teacher Training & Development Program: This is run by the Direction of Studies at ALA and consists of peer observations, mock classes, lesson and objective planning, resource and materials orientation, short workshops on grammar, effective planning, teaching dynamic classes, etc.